Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yale

Danish cartoons, YIISA, Yale, antisemitism,  : Dry Bones cartoon.
I just returned to Israel in time for the Shavuot holiday, then slipped and slept through a sleepy Shabbat, and, Jet-Lagged, on Sunday nite, I sat down to do my first cartoon. I'd been in the States to explain my YIISA (Yale Initiative for the Interdisciplinary Study of Antisemitism) "Secret Codes" findings.

* * *
The first news item that demanded my attention was the news that Yale was pulling the rug out from under YIISA. Hmmmm?

* * *
When Yale censored the book about the Danish cartoons. I "defended" them because they'd shown bravery and honesty in admitting that they were afraid to stand up to the thugs.

I wish that there was more in their current statement that would allow me to find a way to similarly "defend" Yale in this matter.

But I can't find any so far.

Labels: , , ,